Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Mission

I read blogs. A lot of them. If I could get paid to read music blogs all day I would be the happiest little clam on the planet. That being said, we're missing something in the blog realm and personally I'm ready to fill it. I love the blogs I read but too often they recycle from each other or call someone new that in reality they picked off of NME or Spin. What about the littler, totally unsigned guys? The ones who are sicker than sick but you never hear of, or the guys playing Sunday night gigs just because they're new and/or unlucky, or, whatever, [insert scenario here, kids]? You get the picture.

That's where me, and you, come in. I'll be giving you the tools to be a musician's best friend (music reviews, interviews, upcoming shows and whatever else I can get my hands on) and you will be hearing some seriously new artists that deserve love. Oh, and musicians...don't worry, this will be your space too.

Suckle on the warm gentle teat of musical appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment